Farnham Dene Medical Practice
Prescription Registration - Patient Help sheet
We are aware that some of our patients have had problems registering to use our online prescription service. The system has changed recently to ensure that information is being passed to us securely.
Patients need only follow the steps for registration once, it is then possible to logon using your registered email address and password.
- Click on prescriptions, repeat prescriptions
- Choose Click here to register
- Enter your email address and chosen password and tick the box to agree terms and conditions
- You will be advised to log on to your email to complete the next step
- When email is received, click on Confirm my registration
- You will then have a message in red to say that your registration has been confirmed
- Enter your email address and password, you will then have access to Repeat medication Manager, where you can enter your details.
- Please note this process only needs to be completed once, when you next log on you can just enter email address and password
There are a very few email addresses (some AOL ones) that will not register with the website and we need to arrange for them to be registered manually.
If you have correctly followed all of the above steps and you are still not receiving an email to allow you to activate the system. Please contact us and we will help you further.
Registering more than one patient with the same email address
It is possible to register families with the same email address if you have a household email address that is used by all. Please follow these steps:
- If you have already registered the email address, log on in the usual way as above using email address and password
- In the box entitled “save requests”, click on the drop down arrow and choose new patient
- Another patients information can then be entered and each time the Repeat Medication Manager is used, the relevant patient name should be chosen from the drop down box
You will be asked for the name of the drug that you are requesting and the strength. You will not be asked for the quantity as medication is issued according to the quantity on your repeat request, which is decided by the doctor.
Repeat Request History
Repeat Medication Manager stores the history of patient medication requests and you will be able to see this each time you log on by clicking on Repeat Request History. In here you will see a record of what you have asked for and the status. You will NOT therefore receive a confirmation email stating that your request has been received by the practice.
We are aware that the above information may seem that we have made the system more complicated for patients to use. However once you have registered it is very straightforward and patients will quickly become familiarised with it.